About The Togo
Togo , officially the Togolese Republic , is a country in West Africa bordered byGhana to the west, Benin to the east and Burkina Faso to the north. It extends south to the Gulf of Guinea, where its capital Loméis located. Togo covers an area of approximately 57,000 square kilometres (22,000 sq mi) with a population of approximately 6.7 million.
Togo is a tropical, sub-Saharan nation, highly dependent on agriculture, with a climate that provides good growing seasons. Togo is one of the smallest countries in all of Africa. The official language is French, with many other languages spoken in Togo, particularly those of the Gbe family. The largest religious group in Togo are those with indigenous beliefs, and there are significant Christian andMuslim minorities. Togo is a member of the United Nations, African Union, Organisation of Islamic Cooperation, South Atlantic Peace and Cooperation Zone, La Francophonie and Economic Community of West African States.
Time difference between India and togo
India is 5:30 hours ahead of Togo
Travel distance between India and togo
Names of the airlines
Ethiopian Airlines ,
CFA Franc BCEAO
Compare it to Rs
1 Indian Rupee equals=8.56 CFA Franc BCEAO
American International School of Lome
Tandoor Indian Restaurant
Life of Indian there
Indian community in Togo is small and there are about 200-300 Indians living in the country. Most of them are businessmen engaged in trading, assembling, super markets, hotels etc. The community has an Association though not very active due to the small size of the community.
Population of Indians there
Safety and Security
You should avoid all demonstrations and large gatherings anywhere in the country as they could quickly become violent. There’s no formal British diplomatic representation in Togo. In case of an emergency you should contact the British High Commission inAccra, Ghana. There’s an Honorary Consul in Togo, who can offer limited help. There is a low threat from terrorism.
Take out comprehensive travel and medical insurance before you travel.
- Passports: To enter Togo, a passport valid for one year from the date of departure is required by all nationals referred to in the chart above.
- Visas: Visas for Togo are required by all nationals referred to in the chart above.
- Visa note: All nationals can obtain an entry visa on arrival in Togo for a maximum stay of up to seven days. However, to avoid long waits at immigration, it is advisable to apply for a visa in advance.Nationals not referred to in the chart are advised to contact the embassy to check visa requirements for Togo.
- Types and cost: Visa on arrival: approximately US$30; visa in advance: US$140.
- Validity: Visa on arrival: seven days; visa in advance: 90 days.
Honoray Consulate of Togo in India:
212, Okhla Industrial Estate, Phase III, New Delhi – 110 020
Telephone: +91 11 26821005, 26821006, 26822942, 26835823 /24
Fax: +91 11 26839081, 26821013
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com