Sierra Leone (/sɪˈɛərə lɪˈoʊnɪ/ or /lɪˈoʊn/), officially the Republic of Sierra Leone, is a country in West Africa that is bordered by Guinea to the northeast, Liberia to the southeast, and the Atlantic Ocean to the southwest. Sierra Leone is a Constitutional Republic with a directly electedpresident and a Unicameral Legislature. The country has a tropical climate, with a diverse environment ranging from savannah to rainforests. The country covers a total area of 71,740 km2 (27,699 sq mi) and with an estimated population of 6 million (2011 United Nations estimate).
Sierra Leone is divided into four administrative regions: the Northern Province, Eastern Province, Southern Province and the Western Area; which are subdivided into fourteen districts. The districts have their own directly elected local government known as district council, headed by a council chairman. Freetown is the capital, largest city as well as its economic, commercial and political centre.
Time difference between India and Sierra Leone
India is 5:30 hours ahead of Sierra Leone
Travel distance between India and Sierra Leone
9145 km or 5683 miles
Freetown Lungi International airport
Names of the airlines
|Brussels Airlines flights||Air France flights|
|Kenya Airways flights||British Airways flights|
Sierra Leonean leone
Compare it to Rs
1 Indian Rupee =72.47 Sierra Leonean Leone
- St Joseph’s School
- St. Francis Secondary School
- St. Francis Secondary School
Life of Indian there
Sierra Leone is a country with a long coastline, fish is very popular. While there are no shopping malls, there are large supermarkets, usually owned by Africans or Indians. There are many Indians in Sierra Leone
Population of Indians there
Safety and Security
Petty crime and pick-pocketing of wallets, cell phones, and passports are very common especially on the ferry to and from Lungi International Airport as well as in the bars, restaurants, and nightclubs in the Lumley Beach and Aberdeen areas of Freetown.
Most main roads in Freetown are narrow and paved, but have potholes. Extremely narrow unpaved side streets are generally navigable. Most roads outside Freetown are unpaved and are generally passable with a four-wheel drive vehicle.
You can’t assume your insurance will go with you when you travel. It’s very important to find out BEFORE you leave whether or not your medical insurance will cover you overseas.
- A duly filled in and signed visa application form
- 2 recent passport-size photographs
- A valid passport
- Booking of an airline return ticket in the name of the applicant
- Latest statement of the bank account of the applicant
- Vaccination Certificate for Yellow Fever
- All the original documents should be presented for verification. Photocopies of the documents should be attached with the visa application form.
- While the applications will also be received from friends/relatives/colleagues of the applicants, the applicants themselves will need to come to the High Commission, if considered necessary, for further clarifications.