About The Senegal
Senegal, officially the Republic of Senegal, is a country in West Africa. It owes its name to the Sénégal River that borders it to the east and north. Senegal is externally bounded by the Atlantic Ocean to the west, Mauritania to the north, Mali to the east, and Guinea and Guinea-Bissau to the south; internally it almost completely surrounds the Gambia, namely on the north, east and south, except for Gambia’s short Atlantic coastline. Senegal covers a land area of almost 197,000 square kilometres (76,000 sq mi), and has an estimated population of about 13 million. The climate is tropical with two seasons: the dry season and the rainy season.
Time difference between India and Senegal
India is 5:30 hours ahead of Senegal
Travel distance between India and Senegal
Names of the airlines
- Brussels Airlines ,
- Ethiopian Airlines
West African CFA franc
Compare it to Rs
1 Indian Rupee (INR)=8.51 West African CFA (XOF)
- The International School of Dakar
- Koranic Schools
- French Language
- Dakar Indian Restaurants
Life of Indian there
There is a very small Indian community in this country . thirteen PIOs and eight NRIs. Two Sindhi families have been living here since 1947. Single-shop owners, they import handicrafts and other such articles for sale in their own souvenir shops or those of others. They are financially well off, but can by no means be regarded as prosperous. The only other members of the Indian community in Senegal are executives connected with a textile mill and a paint factory belonging to the UB group of companies.
Safety and Security
Be careful with money, particularly in the open-air markets of Dakar and other cities. Pickpockets occasionally attack in teams, so be alert and make sure that your purse or pockets have a snap or zipper. Highway robberies are sometimes committed in rural areas at night, so daytime travel is preferable.
- Original, signed India passport with at least 6 months of remaining validity.
- Passport-type photographs: 2
- Itinerary. Copy of round trip tickets or confirmed itinerary.
- Yellow Fever Vaccination. Copy of International Certificate of Vaccination for Yellow Fever.
- Foreign Exchange or Credit Card copy. Applicant must provide Foreign Exchange or Credit Card copy
- Bank Statement. Copies of bank statements from the past 3 months.
- Employment Letter. A letter from your employer/school (on business letterhead, with contact details), stating that a leave of absence has been granted and that you will be returning to your current job. If you are self-employed, include a copy of your business license and tax return. If you are retired please submit proof of your retirement fund.
- Hotel Reservations. Copy of the Hotel Reservations, OR
- Personal Invitation. If visiting friends or family, you must provide letter of invitation with the contact information of the host and visitor, purpose and duration of the visit, confirmation of accommodation including the address, signature and date. You will also need to provide proof of the host’s status in Senegal ie. copy of their Senegal passport’s information page, or, if they are not a citizen of Senegal, copies of their Senegal residence permit and their national passport’s information pages.
- Personal Letter. A personal letter from the applicant addressed to the Embassy of Senegal, explaining the purpose of the trip, dates of travel, cities to be visited, and place of accommodation.
Address : SENEGAL EMBASSY
E 14/2 Vasant Vihar, New Delhi – 110057