Temperatures rarely exceeds 32 degree , but humidity is very high and nights are hot. In dry season the nights are cool as temperature falls to 12* c
Time difference in Nigeria and India
1NGN = 0.3403 INR
English is the official language.
Hausa is the mother tongue of Nigeria
Indian Association in Nigeria
- The Nigerian – Indian Chamber of Commerce & Industry .
- Indian Technical and Economic Cooperation
- The Ministry of Interior
- The Lagos Chamber of Commerce
Indian Social Associations in Nigeria
- Indian culture association
- Telugu association
- Kerala Samajam
Indian SchoolS in Nigeria
- Indian Language School(ILS)
Other International Schools
- The Regent school
- American International School of lagos
- International Community School
- Grange School
Life in Nigeria for an Indian
- There are a lot of Indians in Nigeria, and most Nigerian can’t differentiate a North African from an Indian. A wide range of people are viewed as Indians, and another wide range are viewed as Chinese.As an expatriate life may be more expensive than the average citizen. for example you may want to send your children to a British-Indian School or do your shopping at the supermarket rather than the local market or visit the most exclusive hospitals.
cost of living is not standard in nigeria, especially lagos because there is room for a wide range of incomes. There are at least two prices for everything in two different places; only difference is one for the rich and one for the poor.
Indian Restaurant in lagos
Sherlaton Indian Restaurant, Lagos
Indigo Indian Restaurant
- Flamingo Indian & Tandoori
- Bon Asia Indian
- Guaranga Vegetarian
INDIAN TEMPLES IN NIGERIA
- Krishna Mandir, Adeola Adetokumbe St., Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria
- Ilupiju Temple, Ilupiju, Lagos
Airports in Nigeria
v Nnamid Azikiwe International Airport(Abuja)
v Mallam Amino Kano International Airport(Kano)
v Murtala Muhammed International Airport(Lagos)
Safety & Security
It has the largest population in African continent. Safety in Nigeria is large concern and the expats should take some precautionary measures while moving out in their daily routine.
Road safety in Nigeria is also good. In general road condition and dense traffic in cities is stressful and hazardous experience
Indians in Nigeria
Total Indian community in Nigeria is estimated to be 35,000 persons. Out of these about 25,000 are Indian nationals and about 10,000 are thought to be foreign passport holders. In general, Indians in Nigeria are well off and enjoy largely non-controversial existence.