GM – Engineering.
ROLE OF THE CANDIDATE
- Responsible for the successful management of the Engineering Function across three plants including capital projects, continuous improvement analysis, implementation of improvements within project parameters, effective collaboration with other functions to achieve overall business results and development of direct reports.
- Works within fiscal limits of the business unit, has wide latitude in applying sound engineering solutions to technical problems and in allocating engineering and capital resources to maintain and advance the capabilities of the plants.
- Directly responsible for leading the operation of the assigned manufacturing area, maintaining schedules, quality of work, planning task assignments and training, employee selection and development and discipline of employees.
- Ensure that all manufacturing/facility systems and equipment are properly resourced and that all resources are efficiently and effectively utilized.
- Responsible for all major engineering projects, including planning, design, construction/fabrication, installation & maintenance of all equipment.
- Guide and direct the assigned engineers and maintenance managers in their roles and responsibilities to meet plant objectives in safety, quality, cost, and customer service.
- Responsible for functional development of engineers and maintenance technicians within the assigned plants.
- Responsible for assigning projects to engineers, outside contractors according to expertise and professional development.
- Provide technical support for efficient trouble-shooting/ problem solving activities and maintenance repair to maximize efficiencies and limit downtime.
- Continuously apply sound engineering solutions to resolve hindrances to plant efficiencies and to drive continuous improvement. Perform follow-up analysis to identify and resolve recurring operational issues.
- Provide support in implementing/ maintaining preventive and predictive maintenance programs.
- Manage all maintenance related projects to insure that they are technically sound and in compliance with all employee safety, food safety and regulatory standards.
- Ensure all plant engineering operations are conducted in a safe and controlled environment.
- Ensures compliance with all Federal, State and local regulations on occupational health, food safety and environment.
- Ensure all quality and regulatory standards, specifications and policies are met or exceeded.
- Schedule mandatory inspections and coordinate certifications with appropriate authorities.
- Manage and control utilities, buildings and grounds such that good manufacturing practices (GMP) are adhered to and a professional appearance is maintained of the factories.
- Manage the planning and recording of the consumption of natural gas, electricity, water, waste water and trash hauling.
- Responsible for securing and maintaining all necessary permits, licenses and agreements required to construct, install and operate equipment and facilities.
- Drive employee engagement, training, and development to maximize manufacturing, quality, safety, and attainment of productivity goals.
- Collaborate directly with Human Resources Function to ensure employee issues or concerns are correctly addressed and resolved.
- Manage engineering department costs within budgetary guidelines.
- Collaborate with Finance to create and execute a maintenance and capital budget to ensure that financial allocations and obligations are properly set, administered and met.
- Develop and implement Capital Project Program within budgetary limits for the facility to include financial analysis, collection and timely submission of capital project request. This process includes closing of CIR Plans to capitalize or expense any new assets.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: B.E./ B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering.
AGE GROUP: 35-50 years of age.
- 12-25 years of engineering experience in a manufacturing environment of which 5-7 years in senior managerial role with a good exposure of Project Management.
- Work experience in a food industry in a unionized environment will be an added advantage.
- Experience with biscuits and sugar confectionery processing equipment installation, commissioning and maintenance highly desirable
- Strong computer application skills, including the utilization of network and PC business application software, CAD etc. Strong mathematical and statistical skills
- Ability to work as a team member and have a collaborative style while interacting with the heads of other departments.
- Passion to drive continuous improvements and eagerness to seek and share best practices.
REPORTING TO: MD.
SALARY : Attractive Overseas Remuneration plus Local Salary in Naira towards Living Expenses. Both will be net of tax.
PERKS: This is a position on ‘family status’. Fully furnished accommodation and independent car will be provided for this position. Other benefits will include one month’s Annual Leave every one year; to and fro air ticket to home town while availing Annual Leave, free medical facility, insurance coverage and performance incentive.
2575 total views, 1 today