Oil and Gas / Power / Infrastructure / Energy Country Engineering Manager (Oil and Gas)
COUNTRY ENGINEERING MANAGER
About the position
Lead the Engineering Team to provide professional support in their field of expertise in a cost effective manner, ensuring that all operations are meeting Legal requirements and Group standards and deliver the Business Capex plans.
• Provides project management review, control, and approval over multiple areas of engineering, procurement, and construction work for all capital and assigned expense projects
• Maintain and improve the standardized work process for effective project management, cost control, estimating and project scheduling to enable management of individual projects and overall portfolio performance.
• Responsible for performance of monthly capital and project spend forecasting for projects.
• Review project related reports, collect and publish departmental KPI reports, analyze trends for performance and report to and/or advise Distribution/Operation Managers and other department /Depots managers as required.
• Directly supervise project engineers and engineering projects.
• Manage allocation of resources internally & externally to deliver projects as per Business requests.
• Benchmark internal engineering deliveries to market best in class service/cost.
• Leads and inspires the engineering team. Coach and mentor staff, including development of appropriate training programmes (together with HR).
• Enables value adding project selection, completion and reporting. Contributes as an active member of VE Ghana Distribution Management team to build a winning team.
• Challenges and supports operational colleagues in OU to ensure compliance with legislation and all requirements of the HSSE MS and Group standards in all operational activities
• Manages resources allocated such that all facilities positively contribute to maximize value to the business activities in the Area.
• Ensure cost effective delivery of engineering services through the use of fit-for-purpose standards, and practices.
• Deliver Capex project targets on quality, budget, schedule and construction safety.
• Implement and embed in close co-operation with Depots Managers the D-Asset Management and D-GAME processes ensuring the Reliability and Integrity targets for each site (eg: Tank & Pipeline Integrity programs).
• To participate in VE D structured networking of engineering teams in order to contribute to and bring back best practice sharing
• Custodian of S&D CAPEX program, including project execution and close out and leadership for technical input to Investment Proposals
• Lead the process for technical input to S&D Investment Proposals (and PIR)
• Ensures proper staffing through attraction, coaching and development of people, covering aspects like Competences, Performance Management and Recognition & Reward
• Participates in Tender Board for major contract events
• Participates in Contract Management Review process
• Other: This position is an HSSE critical position. The incumbent is:
• member of the S&D Leadership Team and S&D crisis team
• a frequent business driver (more than 7500 km/year)
• a contract holder
• Manage, coach and motivate the Engineering and Projects team.
• Drive the implementation of S&D Asset Management Systems processes.
• Review engineering performance and provide an assurance process for asset integrity and engineering cost management
• Provide technical and project management support to Local CoBs
• Identify opportunities for procurement of goods and services in collaboration with C&P
• Ensure that S&D asset management OPEX and CAPEX is fit-for-purpose.
• To maintain and implement global Distribution Engineering standards across CoBs
• Raise the HSSE competence (and compliance) of the Engineering Team.
• Ensure that S&D capex is spent as per plan
• Further enhance HSSE culture to reach and sustain Goal Zero
• Building a strong and open communication with suppliers/ contractors.
• Assist with preparation of project budgets as part of the 5-year budget plan.
• Assist with preparation of annual project engineering department expense budget.
• Introduce new concepts and innovations to ensure continuous improvement in project management procedures and activities.
Key Relationships :
• Staff (direct reports): 3
• Engineering assistance to CoBs: S&D / Retail/ F&B / LUBs / LPG / H.O
• Number of Terminals/Plants /LOBP : 127 Retail Sites; 4 Depots; 3 Mining Depots
Degree in Civil Engineering
Seasoned professional engineer with proven Project Management experience
Experience with operations such as Supply & Distribution
Ability to deliver on time and against budget
Ability to lead teams, to motivate and coach
If you are ready to bring your expertise towards a challenging position abroad, and your experience reveals your abilities and capabilities to present yourself as a suitable candidate please send your updated CV for an immediate consideration!
How to Apply
Please send updated CV to email@example.com
1951 total views, 1 today