Please login/register to apply for this job.
9 Aug 2014
Bank Audit – Deputy Manager – A Big Four in the Middle East
Key accountabilities/ roles / responsibilities:
- Responding to respond to client queries, being alert to both commercial concerns and technical accuracy and referring upwards if necessary
- Performing complex fieldwork on assigned clients, assisting with the setting of budgets and pricing, scheduling audits, selecting staff and assigning workloads, developing the audit strategy, all within the Firm’s Audit Methodology, and using technology tools
- Identifying issues for reporting in the management letter, and other communications with management, and drafts the final documents for review by director, senior manager and partner
- Leading and managing the audit team in the field
- Supplying or attending briefings which are clearly understood on all assignments, and through the setting of clear standards for the team to work in, the DM ensures that the teams fully understand their roles before the assignments commence.
- Setting budgets and pricing, scheduling audits, selecting staff and assigning workloads and financial reporting for assigned portfolio of clients amounting to a total of 6000 – 8000 hours (from QR 1.1 mn to QR 1.4 mn, or from USD 300 ths. to USD 400 ths.) and setting the audit strategy
- Ensuring completion of audits/projects within the pre-set timescales and budgets, and explaining variances from budget and collects cash on time
- Drafting final audit documents for review by director or partner
Salary:INR 22,50,000 – 27,50,000 P.A. Other Allowances and Incentives as elaborated below.
- Graduate degree in Accounting or related field;
- International professional qualification CA, ACCA, ACA, CPA, CMA, CIA (is a must)
- Knowledge of IFRS
- At least 5 years in public auditing and accounting, of which at least 3 year must be post-qualifying experience, preferably with a Big 4 Audit firm;
- Extensive knowledge of best practice reporting and International Financial Reporting Standards;
- Auditing experience in Banks;
- Some experience outside the normal audit field, such as agreed-upon, accounting support and other transaction support engagements
- Starting to actively develop an understanding of a range of financial and other areas (other than attestation and accounting advisory) in order to be able to assist clients on due diligence and other transaction support engagements (If this point is not available then there should be available a proof of being trained thereon
- Should not be handling back office operations for the offshore counter parts.
- Total Audit work should comprise 80-90% of Bank Audit.
Other Allowances and Incentives provided –
- Relocation Allowance.,
- Furnishing Allowance
- medical cover for self, spouse and one child,
- life insurance for self,
- joining and leaving passage,
- annual passage home,
- annual salary reviews,
- performance related bonus,
- annual paid leave.
612 total views, 1 today