Food Processing Plant Manager
POSITION/TITLE: Plant Manager
REPORTS TO: Managing Director
Job Location : Ethiopia
Direct single-site manufacturing operations through a team of functional managers and supervisors. Ensure increasing levels of customer and employee satisfaction while improving the efficiency of manpower, materials and machines.
- Manage policy deployment in the areas of Food processing and manufacturing techniques, quality, cost reduction, complete and on-time delivery, safety, customer satisfaction, employee relations, visual controls and plant performance measures.
- Provide leadership for employee relations through effective communications, coaching, training, and development.
- Provide leadership for problem resolution to facilitate fast improvements and improved working relationships.
- Manage material requirements to increase inventory turns and reduce levels on hand.
- Oversee all financial transactions to optimize the cost effectiveness of manufacturing and sales activities.
- Ensure compliance with standards for hygiene, cost control, waste reduction, quality,HACCP, OSHA, safety, and complete and on-time delivery at the lowest possible cost.
- Balance work cell capacity/loading across the plant.
- Determine operations headcount needs and ensures compliance with Company policies.
- Identify, communicate and drive implementation of capital investments and improvement projects.
- Manage compliance with state regulations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- B.S. Degree in a technical field
- Minimum 10 – 15years of experience of which at least 3 plant manager experiences in semi automated food processing / manufacturing environments. Some Financial experience beneficial.
- Experience with foods processing and/or food/fruit preservation materials.
- Requires broad technical or administrative experience in a manufacturing environment.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC:
• This position requires that the person be a highly organized, self-motivated individual who can work independently. Knowledge on Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques will be helpful.
• Technical skills in materials and inventory management, production scheduling, and preventive maintenance.
- Good knowledge of budgets and financial statements.
• Leadership: A demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
• Planning: Ability to perform short and long range planning.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent project and program management skills.
• Quality orientation.
• Computer proficient and Concise knowledge of ERP accounting practices..
• Daily supervision of a team of managers, supervisors and administrative personnel.
How to ApplyUpload your cv on www.recruitmentinafrica.com
1209 total views, 1 today