About The Benin
Benin, officially the Republic of Benin, is a country in West Africa. It is bordered by Togo to the west, by Nigeria to the east and by Burkina Faso and Niger to the north. A majority of the population live on its small southern coastline on the Bight of Benin. The capital of Benin is Porto-Novo, but the seat of government is in Cotonou, the country’s largest city. Benin covers an area of approximately 110,000 square kilometers (42,000 sq mi), with a population of approximately 9.05 million. Benin is a tropical, sub-Saharan nation, highly dependent on agriculture, with substantial employment and income arising from subsistence farming.
The official language of Benin is French. However, indigenous languages such as Fonand Yoruba are commonly spoken. The largest religious group in Benin is Roman Catholicism, followed closely by Islam, Vodun and Protestantism. Benin is a member of the United Nations, the African Union, the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation, South Atlantic Peace and Cooperation Zone, La Francophonie, the Community of Sahel-Saharan States, the African Petroleum Producers Association and the Niger Basin Authority.
Time difference between India and Benin
India is 4:30 hours ahead of Benin
Travel distance between India and Benin
- Cotonou airport
- Names of the airlines
- Air France,
- Royal Air Maroc,
- Brussels Airlines
West African CFA franc
Compare it to Rs
1 Indian Rupee equals= 8.37 CFA Franc
Indian Association of Benin
- Quality Scholl International
- French Language
- Return air tickets.
- Yellow Fever Certificate is compulsory for the visit to India.
- Bank statement for last three months. The Account’s statement should be certified by the bank and must indicate the name of the applicant, full address and telephone/fax numbers
- A separate letter giving full details of previous visits to India, including periods of stay
- Your CV/bio-data
- A separate letter which gives your present occupation and detailed purpose of your intended visit to India.
- In case of someone else bank-statement, please enclose the affidavit of the person sponsoring the expenses along with the copy of the photo identity card bearing the signature of the sponsor.
Our contact emails for consular information are:
Mr Andre Sanra, Ambassador
Beninese Embassy in New Delhi, India
N-14, Pancheel Park
Sector – 6, R.K. Puram Market
New Delhi – 110017